Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An end to injected insulin?

The BBC is reporting that a reservoir in an artificial tooth implant could be used to disperse diabetes drugs. While I guess it would be relatively simple to use this method to replace diabetes drugs I hope that someone at Intellidrug is working on a way to make it work for insulin too. This project is in its trial phase but a possible launch date of 2010 is mentioned.
I have the perfect place for it, a bridge between my upper left molar and canine tooth. and I'd willingly swap the pain of an implant for a lifetime of shots. If they can stick regulated doses of all the other damn drugs I need in there too, I'd be really thrilled but I fear I would need an entire mouth of implants, which I think may be both scary and pricey.

No comments: