Friday, April 07, 2006

It's back

Just as I was beginning to think I had discovered the miracle cure for diabetes (eat pasta and take less insulin, repeat until you no longer need the insulin) my BG levels came bounding back up with a vengeance: 317. Although I know about honeymoon periods, I've never heard of one happening twenty one years after diagnosis. Maybe it was a second honeymoon? Whatever it was it seems to be over now. I'm going to write it off as one more inexplicable thing about diabetes, one more thing that tests my sense of humour.
And now I'm going to forget about it for the time being. Josh Rouse is playing Town Hall in NYC tonight and we have tickets for that and for Jacques Brel is Alive and Well and Living in Paris
tomorrow. I hope there will be singing along to the Brel even if we only know the words to one song in English, "Seasons in the Sun", and that's not even in the show. It's going to be a fun-packed weekend, folks.

No comments: