Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Just lows

I am totally fed up of waking "low". I had maybe two days of perfect range bgs over a week ago and every day since then they've been below 60. You'd think my body would understand that I am not at my best in the morning. I need someone to give me a caffeine infusion and leave me alone for half an hour to adjust to another day here. On non-low days that I don't get coffee in bed I can function pretty well, although I tend to be a little tetchy, especially if I have to grind the beans myself.
But waking up with low bg is horrible, and it's been between five and seven am, so I'm befuddled, a little headachey and a little shakey; I have to fight the instinct to pull the duvet over my head and go back to sleep. I wonder what would happen if I tried that? I guess my self-preservation instinct is strong enough not to let me find out.
But it's driving me nuts that every morning I'm having to find the meter, test and find something to eat all before I fall over. And before I get my coffee. And I have used up all my Dextro Tablets that I brought back from Europe, and the American glucose tablets are freakishly expensive. Moan, whinge, whine.

2 comments:

Scott K. Johnson said...

I agree! AM lows stink!!

For me, those AM lows kick off a feeding frenzy from hell! Then I'm riding the roller coaster the rest of the day. Yuck.

Jane said...

I'm trying to be really good about eating the contents of the refrigerator while hypo, but it's really hard to be rational when your body's telling you "eat or die". As for the rest of the day, I just want to put my head down and sleep. So unproductive.