The nice thing about having a rotten, streaming cold is that you have time to watch The View for the first time. (Rosie O'Donnell pretty much runs that show, doesn't she? ) And do memes like these from Sandra
1. Do you still have tonsils?
Yes, I have all my bits intact.
2. Would you bungee jump?
I'd jump before I bungee jumped.
3. If You Could Do Anything In The World For A Living What Would It Be?
A doctor so I could prescribe my own drugs and by-pass that whole waiting room/form filling hell. But as the sight of blood or a scalpel brings on a heaving flop sweat I don't think it'd work out.
4. How many tattoos do you have?
Art goes on the wall not my skin.
5. Your favorite fictional animal?
Pigs rule. Wilbur from Charlotte's Web is lovely but the most memorable is the stalinist Napoleon from George Orwell's Animal Farm.
6. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
My youngest brother. Always the witty riposte
7. Do you consider yourself well organized?
I'm punctual to the second, put things away the moment I've finished with them, make lists and stick to them. That's normal, no?
8. Any Addictions?
I'll admit to Project Runway. Adirondack sparkling water (unflavored).
9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news?
The BBC, Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart, the huffington post. Progressive, liberal, lefty, socialist, I've been called them all. So, what's wrong with that?
10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus?
I'd consider going on the pump before I'd go to either.
11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
12. Best Movie You've Seen This Year?
Little Miss Sunshine.
13.Favourite alcoholic drink
Gin Martini: Tanqueray Gin, extra dry, ice cold, olives.
14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
It used to be reach for the coffee, now it's groan. See # 17 and #29
Two younger brothers.
16. What is the best thing about your job?
I can work from home. This is also the worst thing about it.
17. Have you ever gone to therapy?
That would mean sitting still for an hour, right? No.
I have had eight sessions of physical therapy on my ankle though. We're getting there.
18. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
I'd love to be able to fly. I could see things from a different perspective. I could visit people and places any moment I chose. And I might bump into Superman up there.
19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea?
Two gorgeous leather sofas from IKEA in Belgium that look like they cost 5x what I paid for them and are still in great condition 10 years later. I also have a sculpture that is sexy and so unIKEA like I can't believe it.
20. Have you ever gone camping?
Almost every year until I came to the US. Now we use hotel points.
21. Gas prices! First thought?
Please, try paying European prices. But don't you think it's ironic they are coming down just before the election?
22. Your favorite cartoon character?
Kenny from South Park. (Oh, my God, they killed Kenny!)
23. What was your first car?
Blue VW Polo.
24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
I honestly don't get it. We did it to save taxes. Then the tax laws changed, so we should get divorced. But then I wouldn't have the right to stay in the US. Stupid bureaucratic crap.
However, whatever works for you.
25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
Not much of a choice but The Simpsons if I was pushed.
26. Do you go to church?
To worship? No. To look at architecture? Sure.
27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
It'd be a toss-up. Bill Clinton because he would be such an intelligent, entertaining companion or George W Bush so I could get a lot off my chest.
28. What errand/chore do you despise?
Washing the floors. I put it off forever as you can tell be the state of my feet/socks.
29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Don't have an alarm. Have animals instead. First thought? Why are you waking me at 5:08 stupid talking cat?
30. Last time you puked from drinking?
Cinco de Mayo 2005. Just before we were due to get on an early plane to Nashville. Also the last time I drank Margharitas.
31. What is your heritage?
I'm a Celt.
32. Favorite flower?
33. Disney or Warner Bros?
Please, no more cartoons.
34. What is your best childhood memory?
Hiding in an ice house in the pouring rain.
35. Your favorite potato chip?
Kettle Chips. Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese. Also my secret addiction. Sssshhh.
36. What is your favorite candy?
No candy, only pure milk chocolate, preferably Belgian (used to be called Callebaut but is now Jacky) but I'll take Wholefoods 365 Swiss Milk. Although if they made a candy from butter and salt I'd probably like that. It's a celtic thing.
37. Do you burn or tan?
I'm a Celt. What's tan?
38. Astrological sign?
39. Do you own a gun?
Good grief. The world would be much safer if there were no guns, especially handguns.
40. What do you think of hot dogs?
A cruel and unusual punishment? Bratwurst though, that's real food.