Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Spring resolution

Denial. It's been fun: no testing, no check ups = no disappointing numbers on that damn meter, no disbelief from my endo who obviously thinks I am lying or "non-compliant" as I learnt is the politically correct medical term for "I do not know what to do with this patient".
Of course someone somewhere is out to spoil my fun. In this case it's the doctor who refuses to write any more prescriptions until I have a medical. Party pooper.
I briefly consider buying supplies off the web but generic insulin has never been my thing, and I'm as cheap as hell. I want all the techie stuff, brand names etc and I want it for the lowest co-pay I can get. So I schedule a medical with a new family doctor who does not shout at me or about me to the staff.
And suprisingly for all the neglect my BG A1c isn't too bad, blood-pressure is ok, EKG is great and I'm not deaf either. Hurrah.
Have decided to make a belated New Year's resolution and take control. We'll see how long it lasts, for the moment I am taking it one day at a time.

No comments: